Monday, May 13, 2013

DIY: Nothing goes to waste!




This dress has been sitting in my wardrobe for quite sometime, and I thought it was such a shame since I really loved the colour and the fit. So this morning it was time for a little DIY and of course I went for tie-dye. Shocking, I know, but I just fall for it every time and I am so excited with the result! Btw, while my dress was soaking in the bleach, I was so tempted to just throw in anything else I could find, but on second thought I'd probably  end up walking down the street as if it's been raining bleach, and I'd be like oh-hi-I-live-in-the-wrong-decade, so I didn't. 
Here's a how-to: 

Twist and tie with rubber bands, make sure it's quite tight
Pour some water and about 1/3 bleach, let it soak for about 7 mins, rinse very very well so that you stop the effect of the bleach

And when it's done, here's an outfit suggestion.
Black tassel bag: Oasis
Heels: Jeffrey Campbell
Headband: River Island
Sunglasses: Linda Farrow how pretty are they?!
Rings: Made

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I should do this to some of the old shirts I have laying around! And the styling for your new dress is perfect. Love the bleach effect.

    www.wheniwearthisdress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete