Sunday, March 24, 2013

DIY: Destroyed Knit Sweater


This Shooting Star Lennon Sweater by Wildfox Couture was my inspiration for this how-to post!



The concept is how you can make your own "destroyed" knit sweater.

 You will need
A knit sweater you're bored of, some chalk, a pair of scissors and (maybe) a cutter, whichever you feel more comfortable working with.
This is the sweater I chose, it was in my wardrobe for about a year and a half and still had the tag on it!! 
1.  Use the chalk to draw a straight line, and cut along, if you want to shorten your sweater.If the length already works for you, skip this step! 
2. Again with the chalk, draw a circle on the spot where you want to have your "destroyed" bit. Fold it in half, and cut to in layers. Repeat according to taste, I cut mine three times in the front and then also twice in the back, but it's your choice!
3. After you're done cutting, do not forget to stretch the part you've cut off, to give it a bit of a more damaged effect.
This is the final piece! I would suggest also cutting off some bits on the sleeves, in the same way you cut off the rest of the sweater, just to make it more intense! I hope you enjoyed!

7 comments:

  1. world is a better place with you in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the DIY! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? We also have a giveaway going on right now! xx

    Blog: sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    Enter our current Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! We will check your blog as well!

      Delete
  3. Omg this DIY is AMAZING! I'm such a succer for doing some cuts to old clothes and giving them a new life with it, this idea is SO GREAT! I'm so so so happy that you commented me because now I found your amazing blog and I'm SO definitely following it <33

    Much love to you,

    Http://zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment!! And trust us, most DIYs look difficult but they are very simple!! :) Have a nice day!

      Delete
  4. Amazing post :)
    This idea rocks :)
    http://kaika85.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete